Friday 4 September 2015

Back to School


It's that time of year again. Mothers pushing practical running shoes while daughters beg for sparkly ballet flats, soon-to-be grade nine girls carefully selecting their first-day outfit, full-time teachers pouring over lesson plans and school supplies, and occasional teachers (ahem…me) crossing our fingers that September showers us with supply calls and smiling students.

Throughout last year's school year, I made a habit of posting funny quotes from students on my Facebook account for the amusement of my Facebook family. There are so many times during a teaching day that I wish I had an adult there to enjoy the adorably funny things that students say to me that I often find myself making the following mental note: "Remember this! (Insert Name) will think this is hilarious!"

I've had a lot of positive feedback on these posts, and I love the idea that others can also take joy out of the little moments that make me adore my job so much. For this reason I've decided to TRY REALLY HARD to write a blog on my "Life as Mrs. A". This will be a collection of the greatest quotes, the "rough day" stories, and the heart-melting moments.

I hope you will enjoy a walk in the shoes of a Canadian supply teacher - I know I do!

-Mrs. A

1 comment: